Boudoir sessions are so fun and exciting, you’re going to have a blast!! The gift of boudoir is so amazingly intimate and personal that no one could ever give your significant other a more meaningful gift. The look on their face when they open your gorgeous album is priceless and totally worth it!
Are you still a little nervous and have a few questions?? That is totally normal!! I just want to let you know that I will be here for you every step of the way so please feel free to contact me at any time for questions. On the day of the session we will take it very slow and take several minutes to chat about outfit choices before we jump right in to the session.
Here are a few frequently asked questions:
What is your style like?
Simple, clean and just pretty. I want to highlight your natural beauty and allow your personality and style to drive the session. If you are thinking you want an x-rated photo session with scandalous poses I am probably not the photographer for you.
How naked do I have to get?
The questions actually is…how naked do you want to get? I am all for complete nudity if you choose it, but I do place strategic covering. We will do what ever you feel comfortable with. I can also make jeans and a tank completely sexy with the right posing. One of the things that my boudoir clients have repeatedly said about me is that I made them feel so comfortable. This is something I strive to achieve in every session. The more relaxed you are in your session the more your true personality will shine in the images.
But I need to lose 10 pounds first!!??
NO! Not at all!! You don’t need a perfect body to look beautiful. Instead, I will find poses and lighting that will help obscure your insecurities and magnify your strengths. I will also help you pick outfits that are suited to your body. I also do minor skin retouching to remove things such as cuts, bruises and blemishes, but please don’t expect miracles with photoshopping. I believe in a natural style of boudoir photography without drastic manipulation. You will want to look like your self when it’s all said and done.
Who will see my images?
I will not post any of your images on the internet without your permission.
Hair and Makeup?
Feel free to have your hair and makeup professionally done by someone of your choosing. Be careful not to get too vampy with makeup as you still want to look and feel like your self. My suggestion for hair is loose curls, but if you feel more comfortable with your hair up by all means bring clips or elastics for an alternative look. Make sure to bring extra makeup and hairspray for touch ups along the way.
Do I need to bring my whole wardrobe with me?
NO! But do have several options. Bring outfits or lingerie that fit your personality but don’t feel like it has to be all about lacy thongs and bras. A simple tank top and jeans or boy shorts and an oversized shirt can be as equally as sultry. Keep in mind simple is better. Don’t feel like you have spend big money at Vickie’s. If you want to splurge, go for it. If you’d like to stay on a budget we can be creative whatever you’ve got.
TIPS AND TRICKS
– Avoid tan lines and all costs. Also be careful with tan in a can, most of the time they just photograph as orange.
– Wear loose underwear and clothes on the way to the session to avoid indentations in your skin.
– wear clear deodorant or be prepared to wipe yours off when you get here.
– Be careful not to cause razor burn when shaving before your session.
– Lots of water and a good nights rest to prevent puffiness and eye bags
– Bring some wine if you feel like you might need it, but take my word for it…you won’t need it. I have had numerous clients bring it and never wind up touching it.
– You might think that bringing a friend with you will make you more comfortable. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn’t. Just make sure this is a person you can be a sexier version of your self in front of. You don’t want them to distract you.
– No crusty nail polish. Make sure to either remove it or have a new mani and pedi.
– BRING A POSITIVE ATTITUDE!! It is very normal to be a little nervous and insecure, but if you don’t come with a positive attitude it is going to be difficult for me to bring out the best in you.
The deposit must be paid up front to book your time slot. The fee is non-refundable but transferable. If for any reason you need to cancel please contact me as soon as you can.
Sessions take place in my studio in Harrisburg. If you are interested in something a little different or more personal I am totally game for an on location shoot.
These are just some helpful tips that I have come up with throughout my journey as a boudoir photographer. By no means are they the gospel, after all, rules are meant to be broken right? If you have any further questions please feel free to give me a call! I will be happy to help!